Sunday, June 23, 2013

Espana


I'm going to write one final Paris wrap up blog when I'm back in the states.  But i'm waiting for some of the pictures that my friends took to get put up on facebook so I can use them. 

I like Spain.  I would come back here.  It’s hot and colorful. Reds, oranges, yellows, blues, greens.  A rainbow of prints.  

The people are thin and wear sandals and shorts.  Loose tops, dresses with prints, converse, short skirts and linen pants that look like pajamas.  The girls have nice legs.  The shopping is cheap and the food is yummy.  Tapa hopping is popular and paella is delicious with Spanish rice and chicken and peas.  I like the olives and the cheese.  I liked the Prado.  We had a tour with my Dad's cousin John Rosenburg who is the humanities dean at BYU and did study abroad to Spain.  He knows everything about everything.  We were in the Museum for 5 ½ hours. 

I really like the Mercado.  Its this big market building with stands of all sorts of foods inside.  Emanadas, frozen yogurt and helados, chips with eggs on them, fish, meats (curred hams), fancy cheeses, stuffed olives... everything 
this is the mercado at night 
Literally everyone does come out at night too.  Dinner is at 10 and the people roam the streets late into the night.  The sun doesn't go down until about 10 anyway. 
Today we went to see the Spain temple. It was breathtaking 
thats a new spanish dress i bought.. for only 12 euros! 
Anyway, Madrid is beautiful and I love it. Here is a final picture of some of the streets lined with trees and colorful buildings with windows and flowers 




No comments:

Post a Comment