Monday, April 8, 2013

Avec La Musique

Pendentif-Les Villes

I've been preparing for my study abroad in three ways:
1. learning about the culture. I can thank my mandatory cultural class for this. Luckily it proved to be two hours of captivating excitement every Wednesday! I love learning about our cultural differences. I'm so ready to try and fit in. Wouldn't want to step on anyones toes! The hardest part will be avoiding asking for peoples names or their personal information when we first meet. I should be pretty good at not smiling. I'm not normally too smiley with strangers anyway it always takes an effort!
2. French music and movies. Hence the above link. This is the best French song i've EVER listened to. I love it way too much. I've also watched Tangled, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp and the Incredibles in French. Animated Pixar/Disney films have the best translations including great renditions of the songs and good voice choices.  I've learned to turn on the french subtitles as well and I understand about 90% of the movie.
3. trying to plan my trip. Packing is giving me an anxiety attack.  I found the coolest map showing paris's arrondissements and giving landmarks to help me figure out where everything is situated.  Our study abroad  professors also gave us a metro map to start learning from... oh boy. Getting lost is part of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment