Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paris, Je T'aime 14th arrondissement

We watched this video in French class this week (I found it with English subtitles for those of you aka my whole family who don't speak french :)).  I cry every time I watch this and it reminds me of that nostalgic/melancholy feeling I get every time I travel. Most the time it's a feeling like I've been there before.  Like I've lived many lives and traveled many places. Maybe I have as a guardian angel or just looking down from heaven. Last time I went to Paris and Europe with my parents, I felt this strange reflective feeling. Everything in my life felt very far away. It was an envelope of anonymity where I realized that no one knew my story, my name, my life. I could be anything I wanted to be! You lose yourself in the world but at the same time you find yourself. Thats why I like this video so much.
Paris Je T'aime 14 arrondissement video

No comments:

Post a Comment