Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A List

I've been a little homesick for all the comforts of home this week so I haven't been as crazy running from monument to monument like the last couple of weeks. We don't have school for the rest of the week though and we have crazy things planed! Saint Chapelle, the Catacombs, Versailles gardens (we're renting bikes!), Giverny, La Defense's huge mall (a girl in our group spotted a Chipolte there!), and the Concierge where Marie Antoinette was detained. We're also going to go sing Karaoke at our favorite bar in Croissy this weekend. Croissy is where me and 6 other girls live. Its a suburb and takes about 30 min to get into Paris. When we don't want to commute but haven't eaten dinner we hit up the most popular bar in our small little neighborhood. The waiters really hate us because we don't drink alcohol. And because I bet everyone else there are regulars. But give us a few more times and they'll love us!

10 Things Paris 
  1. Pain au Chocolate is a really great invention.  I could live on that alone.  I'll probably eat croissants with Nutella for breakfast for the rest of my life since those are pretty accessible in America. 
  2. Fruit is ridiculously expensive. You want a baguette? Sure! 2 euros. You want a peach? That'll be 4 euros please. 
  3. I intensely study Parisian fashion. It consists of dark colors of black, gray, and blue.  Skinny jeans, skinny black jeans and black shorts with black tights/black mini skirts with black tights.  Blazers on top or loose knitted sweaters.  Scarves every single day in silk, cotton or wool.  Converse for young people and ankle boots for all ages. Preferably black ankle boots. 
  4. I overheard my host mother singing Gotye's "Somebody that I use to Know" loudly and in a heavy french accent in the kitchen yesterday
  5. French people are very private about there houses. We never got a tour of the upstairs. We're not suppose to have friends over. They don't like us to clean our bedrooms they would rather do it for us (yuck). 
  6. French people also curse the rain. They hate it. I didn't understand until it rained this week all week... 
  7. Everything either closes at 5 pm or midnight. There is no in-between and its extremely frustrating. 
  8. I'm pretty sure my friends and I are the loudest people in Paris. Savannah even mentioned that she was pretty sure all French people took sedatives with their morning café. 
  9. On free museum night, there was a 3 hour line to get into the museum we wanted to see (The museum of modern art). The subways were packed and the streets crowded. Would that happen in America? no way. 
  10. Most french people like Napoleon and are offended if you tell them he was a dictator. Hello he crowned himself emperor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment