Monday, May 13, 2013

Mes Amies et Moi

France is a whirlwind. This study abroad is flying past me!  I don't have enough hours in the day.  I'm up from 7-1 every day just going to class, seeing the sites, fitting in things I want to do, writing for class, attempting to talk to people back home (the only one who seems to talk to me is Logan which is good but come on family! emails! mom didn't want to skype on mother's day whats up with that!) and doing normal hygienic stuff which takes twice the usual effort. Showers are not worth my time. Also, if someone wants to make a request for a certain type of Paris souvenir... please dit-moi.   Any way, I love it here.  The people are so nice.  I went to church and FHE with the YSA (JA in france) and met lots of french people. I talked to one guy about techno music for like 30 min.  He goes to clubs where they play trance music exactly like the club I went to this weekend. He likes it. I don't understand why. I gave him a recommendation for some American music I like (Made in Heights to be exact) and after he texted me and said "c'est pas mal made in heights!! c'est calme.." and i got excited to get a text in french (made in heights isn't bad, its calm(ing) is what that means).  I'm getting more use to the food.  I might have to go to the doctor tomorrow because Anca is afraid my toe will fall off.  C'est ne pas grave Mom and Dad so don't worry about that! We went to the Louvre today... and it is... big. Thats the one word I have. Well, big and overwhelming. That works too.  The only think I liked was the statue of cupid and psyche, the one I have the poster of hanging up in my room in Provo.  If you have seen my dorm/apartment rooms, I have that scene depicted on my wall. Cupid embracing psyche. The story is the original beauty and the beast! I'm more excited for the musée de Orsay. I feel like I spelt that wrong.  But my mom passed onto me a love of impressionistic art. I love impressionism and modern art.  This weekend we are going to the Loire Valley. Also, I am a master at the Metro.  I love my Paris metro maps/street maps.  I feel so cool planning out my routes and finding streets.  I always look for places to bring my mom and dad when they are here:) love you and I miss y'all!

p.s Also, Alixe.. my nails fell off THE NEXT DAY. Such a rip off! never getting those again! Also, how was Hawaii?

No comments:

Post a Comment